2015 David Tripp Scholar/Athlete applications now available 12/29/14 02:11 PM
The 2015 David Tripp Scholar/Athlete applications are now available! APPLY HERE!
Training Programs 2015 12/06/14 02:05 PMMark your calendars!!
Hibernation to 5k - 6 week program starting January 12th, ending February 16th. Graduation race is a weekly series Registration coming soon!!!
10km - 6 week program starting March 9th (tentative) ending April 13th. Training for Clyde's
10mi - 10 week program starting April 7th (tentative) ending June 9th. Training for the B-10
FIT - 10 week program starting April 23rd ending June 25th. Training for the WDF
Half/Full - 14 week program starting July 7th (tentative) ending October 6th. Training for various fall races.
Zero to Weekly - 9 week program starting June 29th (tentative) ending August 24th. Training for a weekly series race
Building to Bagel - 9 week program starting September 7th (tentative) ending November 2nd. Training for a 6 mile bagel run.
Please refer to our training page for a more detailed description of each program.
- 03/08/15 - Vernal Velocity Series #1
- 03/15/15 - Vernal Velocity Series #2
- 03/22/15 - Vernal Velocity Series #3
- 04/12/15 - Vernal Velocity Series #4
- 04/19/15 - Clyde's 10K
- 04/26/15 - Vernal Velocity Series #5
- 05/10/15 - Vernal Velocity Series #6
- 05/17/15 - Vernal Velocity Series Awards
- 05/24/15 - All Fruit Relay
- 06/24/15 - 5Mi Two Person Relay
- 06/27/15 - Women's Distance Festival
- 07/15/15 - Meet of Miles
- 09/13/15 - Police Pace 5K
- 09/20/15 - 39th Metric Running Festival
- 11/01/15 - Run Through the Grapevine
- 11/26/15 - Turkey Trot Prediction Run
The Howard County Striders are an incorporated non-profit organization dedicated to promoting lifetime fitness through running, based in central Maryland.
We sponsor or support many types of activities, including high quality race events, group runs, low-key weekly races, and a robust complement of training programs for both adults and youth, from beginners on up, to support continued active lifestyles in the community.